AbleCommerce

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve AbleCommerce. You can vote on up to 10 features or use a vote to add a new feature request. Please take a minute to look at the features that have been requested before submitting a new request.

The more votes a feature has means the more likely it will be added to a future release. Features with only 1 vote are rarely considered, so please make sure to cast your vote for one of the many ideas already posted. Anonymous votes and using multiple emails will be disqualified! Please enter your email address to register.

1. How to produce a list of products without additional pictures...

We have two pictures for every product; one of the container and one of the molecular structure. I am in charge of getting the molecular structure and I'm about 90% (of 530) complete with my list under the "new products" category. Was wondering if there's a quick check to see what other products are missing.
    Also, my old pictures uploaded from years ago had been resized and would like to replace them eventually unless there is a way to revert the picture quality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Should have notes section in products

Should have notes section in products like on orders so Vendor can write internal notes that can't be seen by public

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have sales report by manufacturer

To gather information regarding sales by a manufacturer would be helpful to see whose products are selling and what is selling.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notes Tab on product setup form

It would be helpful if there was a notes tab in the product setup form. It is important to be able to add notes from suppliers etc in relation to the products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change upgrade/install scripts dealing with SQL statements

While parsing the script UpgradeAC7AC708.sql our upgrade became a trainwreck because GIT incorrectly did us a "favor" by changing the line endings to LFs. The upgrade.cs had a line to split the massive script into pieces based on \r\nGO\r\n which no longer matched and cascaded into a myriad of errors. Perhaps you could split on some other characters such as ^^^?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Volume discounts by percentage does not produce correct amounts

Have the decimal place round either up or down depending on the actual value and show only in hundredths (11111.00) the way this is working now is the price in the cart does not match the total in the cart...and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add export/import of categories.

Currently you can not export/import categories. So how do you add meta tags to these? We have hundreds of categories and doing it one at a time is not an option. So currently our categories have no meta tag information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix Bug to Include Shipping address on PayPal transactions

We have been continuing to have an issue with PayPal orders not qualifying for for PayPal's "Seller Protection" because checkout through Able Commerce does not record the Shipping Address associated with the payment. The shipping address provided during checkout is for some reason not being passed on and recorded by PayPal during the processing of the order with Able Commerce. This has been a problem because when a customer issues a claim with PayPal they REQUIRE a recorded shipping address in order to refute the claim. We have lost several PayPal claims we should have won and had evidence to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add formatting options for Product.VariantName

In the ProductVariant.cs file in source, the Product.VariantName is created by adding a "," between all variant names. In some applications we would like to format the VariantName in a bulleted list for easier viewing. Could you provide a new method where you could pass in the string to use instead of the ",". Or perhaps a pair of strings - a start and an end tag. For example

string thisVariant = Product.VariantName("<li>", ",</li>");

would return a set of list items that could be wrapped in a "<ul>".

or if just one value were possible to replace the ",", then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Limit by Category ID for Featured Products Conlib

It would be nice since our catalog has a few "Top Level" categories, if on the homepage for each section of the website, we could use the featured products conlib and have it only display products for a certain category and its subcategories.

This way for example, the featured clothing doesnt show up in the fishing side of the website, or the hunting side, and vise-versa.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Warehouse choice

Under the manage options field I would like a choice so that I could choose the warehouse that the option is in. With UPS using dimensional shipping I have to put small items in one warehouse and large oversize items in another warehouse. When a large option is part of a smaller order there is no way to figure the shipping except for the smaller item.
    If there was a choice, it would indicate 2 shipping's of which one could be eliminated when the items are packed for shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. variant discounts

Discounts need to be applied per-variant. My client has different variant package types, which each have a different discount structure.

Think of it like cafepress.com: a men's zipper sweatshirt will have different discounts than a baby bib, but they may both be variatns for the same product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Manually process credit refunds after authorizations have expired

I'm using the Authorize.Net gateway, and would like the option to manually enter a card number to process a refund through Able, rather than having to do it outside of Able directly on Authorize.Net's site. This would make it easier for my users so they don't have to hit Authorize.Net's site and then come over to able and record an 'offline' payment, plus all the info (date & time of transactions) would be recorded for reference in Able.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Category pages show all in dropdown

I think it would be good for you to add an item to the dropdown for the # of products to display on a category page for "Show All". I found that it was easy by just adding the selection and sending a 0 as the value- your code picked it right up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Extend discounting system

Include mix-and-match and aggregate discounts. For example "Buy any 5 from this list of products", or "buy all of these products together". The aggregate discount in particular would be a great alternative to complex (and tedious to create) kits that are composed of many items with many variations.

For example, we like to offer our customers diving packages (we sell scuba gear). An example of one of these packages could contain all of the following:
    - BCD (4 variations by size)
    - Wetsuit (men's or women's in various sizes and possibly colors - could be a couple dozen variations at…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add ability to link subcategories to more than one category

If someone wants to show a category in several places, he has to copy it and place it in the right category. It would be nice to be able to assign a subcategory to more than one category, like you can products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Magnifying glass

When clicking The magnifying glass to view orders, the pop up displays downward covering the next several magnifying glasses beneath. In order to view the next orders , you have to mouse over to the left to make the window close and then mouse to the right to view the next order. Then back to the left , etc. etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a copy button to Manage Layouts

Often times a new layout is very close in design to an exsting layout. But there is no way to copy an existing layout. So a new layout must be rebuilt completely from scratch

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SECURITY: Send an e-mail when a user account is locked out from too many attempts

In higher security sites you'll get an e-mail when anything on the account is changed for security measures. I'd like to see some of this extended to AC such as when a user account is locked due to too many password attempts someone is trying to hack into an account. It would be nice to have that user notified and the IP address of the offender if available. I saw this today where one of my accounts, non-admin (video demo use account) kept getting set to disabled. If I could get a notice of when my account is tampered with…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AbleCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base