Skip to content

AbleCommerce

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve AbleCommerce. You can vote on up to 10 features or use a vote to add a new feature request. Please take a minute to look at the features that have been requested before submitting a new request.

The more votes a feature has means the more likely it will be added to a future release. Features with only 1 vote are rarely considered, so please make sure to cast your vote for one of the many ideas already posted. Anonymous votes and using multiple emails will be disqualified! Please enter your email address to register.

87 results found

1. Limit products to certain Groups

The ability to limit certain products to only be available to be seen by certain Customer Classes (or User Groups as AC calls them) would be a valuable feature. For example, if a certain product is sold to both CONSUMERS and DISTRIBUTORS, two individual products could be created with different SKUs, and one product's info could be tailored towards Consumers and the other one's info tailored towards Distributors. Good functionality would be to have a box on the PRODUCT'S admin page that displayed all User Groups available in the system with checkboxes next to them, allow admin to check ones…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Actually remove subscriptions from payment gateway provider

When cancelling or deleting a subscription, AC should communicate with the payment gateway to delete it. Right now, a subscription can be removed in AC, but the customer will keep getting charged unless the merchant manually removes the subscription from the payment gateway's system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add IHeaderControl and IFooterControl to your CustomHTML

Add references to those interfaces to the CustomHTML.ascx.cs so that merchant knows it can be used in header and footer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. USPS Rates- Post Office price vs Online Price

I'm not sure what Able does/what all is involved/ what USPS requires so I am just posting this for a merchant. He is saying that Able returns Post Office price instead of Online price for shipping. If you go to the price calculator on the USPS website, they show both prices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE: This feature was made available in Gold R9 during the last USPS update.
    -—————————
    We will be upgrading the API before the old one is deprecated in Sept. I will make a note that we need to check online price vs walk in price.

5. Fix the admin edit order function for kits

The process of editing a KIT in in the administrative side doesn't function correctly. When you add a kit in the public side, the parentID remains in intact and that relationship between the parent and kit items is clear. On the ADMIN side, you can 'add a kit', but the parentID doesn't relate to the child "kit" items appropriately. This is a problem and, I think, a bug.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Upgrade from versions of Able older than 7.0.6

It sure would be nice to have a way to easily upgrade a site from pre 7.0.6 builds. We have customers wanting to upgrade to Gold and there is no easy way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MANAGE SCOPE FOR 'QUANTITY DISCOUNT page

there is no SAVE button on MANAGE SCOPE FOR 'QUANTITY DISCOUNT page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Product Images/Symbolic Links

In previous versions of AC, I was able to host product images on a different server and provide the url for those images. This does not work in Gold. I have found a thread in the forums regarding setting up Symbolic Links for product images, and I believe I have successfully done that as the AC ProductImages folders show the virtual folders that show the files in my remote image folder as expected. However, when I change acProducts and acProductImages to link to "~/Assets/ProductImages/Thumbnails/ItemPic1.jpg" the URL returned in ProductImage.ascx.cs is broken. This is also true for the additional…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change the variables in the control to set a maximum items for the featured results – [[ConLib:FeaturedProductsGrid IncludeOutOfStockItems=“False” Caption=“Featured Products” Size=“4” MaxItems=“4” Columns=“2”]]

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Universal Google Analytics

I want to update to the new google Universal Analytics, but it requires some code change. Is a patch in the works?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Paypal Bill Me Later

In a near future release of Ablecommerce, can Bill Me Later ( https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/billmelater-productoverview https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/promotional-financing ) be added as a Payment method. Not sure how it goes about, whether it is code that is needed in the PayPal library that needs updating, or just adding a banner to the basket/checkout pages ( https://financing.paypal.com/ppfinportal/ )?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create ability to allow partial payments from customers for existing and/or new orders.

A use case would be for a special order item that requires 50% down payment. You could even incorporate this into a "layaway" payment option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change code which displays missing image in multiple places

I think we have had to tweak this on every Gold site we have done. The code that shows a missing image on basket, checkout pages, minibasket, etc always has to be tweaked because of products not having icons. It probably works OK with new sites where merchant is adding the images from the admin, but it doesn't work well for sites coming from Able 7 or merchants that have no icons. We have to patch it in a way such as this in the shipmethod page
    <asp:Image ID="Icon" runat="server" AlternateText='<%# Eval("Product.Name") %>' ImageUrl='<%# AbleCommerce.Code.ProductHelper.GetIconUrl(Container.DataItem) %>' Visible='<%#!string.IsNullOrEmpty((string)Eval("Product.ImageUrl")) %>' EnableViewState="false" />…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add "Select All" option when associating products with templates

When assigning templates (custom fields) to all products, it is a pain to have to select one at a time by clicking through on each of the green circles (with a plus sign). There needs to be a "Select All" option in this section. Thanks for listening!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Monthly sales shows a chart, need numbers please

The Monthly Sales is just a chart, I would like to see numbers. If you want to include them with the chart that's fine but the numbers are more important to me than a graphic/chart. When I am looking at this month's sales it's hard to see where I am as a total in this view. I think 707's way may have been better for getting stats rather than this dashboard element you moved in to replace the report of the same.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sales day by Province

You have ta tax report that allows a break down by Province, we need the ability to get sales totals by province due to "Nexus" laws.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Admin style.css differences

It would be good if you could keep your three admin themes in synch with each other except for things like color differences. I noticed this because I always use Minerva on my dev sites so I can quickly distinguish it from the live site. I am creating new admin pages and I had to set the theme on my dev site to default because of changes I had to make not related to colors and there were too many style sheet differences.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I opened a bug report for this one. I think there was some miscommunication a couple months ago when I brought it up to the developers. I’ve asked someone to reveiw the main admin theme and make sure that any new style elements are also incorporated into the other 2 themes.

19. Englarge the sku column in options and variants

The column for sku's under manage variants is not wide enough to show full upc numbers on both a pc and a mac.... also just on a mac the right hand image column is somewhat hidden.

https://www.wyomingflyfishing.com/Admin/Products/Variants/Variants.aspx?ProductId=11358

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Purchasing Reminders for Expired Products

Many products have expiration dates. It would be nice to send out email reminders when the product is approaching expiry. Perhaps this could be merged into the subscription module.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Gold R7, we added a huge recurring orders / autoship feature. When you use subscriptions, then an expiration email can be sent out as many times as you like before the actual expiration. There are actually several email options added with the new feature. To maintain compatibility, the original subscription feature remained unchanged. You have to enable the Recurring Orders feature to see the new template options.

• Don't see your idea?

AbleCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base